- 08-Mar-2017 to 22-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Central Office
- MENANDS, NY, USA
- $67,710 - $95,774
- Full Time
Full benefits package based on percentage of full-time effort
Manager of Sponsored Programs
Salary Grade 23-25
Salary $67,710 - $95,774
The Research Foundation for Mental Hygiene, Inc. is currently seeking a qualified candidate to work as Manager of Sponsored Programs in the Corporate Office in Menands, New York. The RFMH is seeking a highly motivated individual to provide leadership, support and strategic direction for the Department of Grants and Contracts.
The duties of the Manager of Sponsored Programs will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all aspects of proposal preparation and submission, negotiation of award terms and conditions, compliance with administrative and fiscal award terms, as well as identifying and resolving issues throughout the life cycle of an award.
- Supervise the processing of outgoing subawards to subrecipients by assuring the timely, complete and accurate analysis, issuance, negotiation, execution and tracking of agreements. Handle the negotiation of all incoming/outgoing complex agreements.
- Manage New York State and New York City contracts, including budget development, contract development, compliance reporting, invoicing and financial reporting.
- Negotiate clinical trial agreements, oversee the invoicing of IRB fees and insurance requirements for those agreements. Participate in IRB review as needed.
- Develop and update template agreements based on new regulations and procedures. Must have an understanding of the Uniform Guidance and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Provide training to departmental administrators, investigators and staff on internal and external systems, operations and processes. Assists in the development of research administration policies and procedures.
- Supervise staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including participation on committees and working groups for the enhancement and/or development of new processes and technologies.
- A Bachelor's degree and five years of direct relevant experience in the field of research administration
- Experience negotiating clinical trial agreements and other complex agreements
- Must have strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work independently in a high volume, fast paced, deadline driven work environment
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to work cooperatively, professionally and courteously, with a wide variety of staff, including scientists, physicians and attorneys
- Capacity to exercise discretion to resolve ambiguity and promote effective solutions
- Ability to work with minimum direction and guidance within a service-team environment
Location: 150 Broadway, Menands (Albany Area), NY
To Apply: Submit an application, resume and salary requirements by March 22, 2017 through our website https://rfmh.applicantpro.com/jobs/ . Only applications submitted through the RFMH website will be accepted.
The Research Foundation is a private not-for-profit corporation and is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. Excellent Benefits Package. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran Employer. VEVRAA 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) compliant.